The ACE program is designed to benefit the practicing pest control professional. You do not need an advanced degree to participate, just a solid grasp of the practical aspects of applied entomology.
Applicants to the ACE must have the following:
- A current, US state, US military, territory, or tribal-issued license or certificate that allows the holder to apply pesticides in an urban, industrial, or structural setting without supervision. This licensure must require continuing education to remain current (if the applicant’s state does not require ongoing education to hold a license then the applicant is automatically exempted from this portion of the requirements). Applicant must send a copy of this document to ESA's Certification Coordinator with completed application,
- A minimum of 7 years of verifiable pest management experience in the United States,
- The ability to take and pass an online test of your knowledge of structural pest control,
- The application fee, which includes your first year of certification and the online examination, and
- A willingness to adhere to the ACE Code of Ethics.