ACE Application and Testing Process
PLEASE NOTE, THE ACE APPLICATION IS NOW ONLINE, PLEASE REVIEW ALL STEPS BELOW:
- Ensure you have all documents (applicators license, two letters of reference, resume) in digital format (e.g: PDF, .DOC, .JPEG) ready to uploaded. If you are an international applicant, you will not need your applicator's license.
- Go to the account creation page and create a log-in. PLEASE NOTE: You might already have an account associated with your email address from previously purchasing a book, or other item; if you do the system will notify you and you can click here to get a password reset email sent to you.
- If this is your first time logging in, at the bottom of the page, you will see the text "Submit My ACE Application" if you've logged in previously you will see a tile for the ACE application link. From there, follow the instructions within the application itself.
- Once your application is submitted and reviewed by a staff member, you will get a system generated email indicating that your application has been approved. From this date you have one year to take the exam and three years to pass it.
- Select a proctor for your examination and –working together with your proctor–select a testing date and notify email@example.com.
- About one week prior to your exam, ESA will send examination instructions to your proctor.
- On the test date you'll take the exam. It is online and closed-book. You may bring a simple calculator (no smart phone apps or programmable calculators) and a sheet of writing paper with a pen or pencil. The paper must be remitted to your proctor at the end of the exam.
- The test will be given in sections and each section saves upon submission. Upon submitting the last section your score will display on your screen, though final verification of the scores is not complete until reviewed by the Chair of the Examination Committee. 75% is a passing score.
- If you passed, ESA will contact you and welcome you to the ACE program.An ACE welcome kit will be mailed to you. Renewals will be every three years and will require CEUs, but not retesting.
- If you did not pass ESA will offer suggestions on how to improve your score for the next test date. If re-testing is required, the test must be taken no sooner than 30 days, but no more than 365 days later, or else re-application to the program may be required. Again, you must pass within three years of application acceptance. Click here for the ACE Retest form.
If you have any questions, reach out to the Certification Programs Manager:
Entomological Society of America
3 Park Place, Suite #307
Annapolis, MD 21401-3722