The Certified IPM Technician program is designed to benefit the practicing pest control professional. You do not need an advanced degree to participate, just a solid grasp of the practical aspects of Integrated Pest Management.
CIT applicants must have the following:
- Be eligible to apply restricted-use pesticides in their designated jurisdiction; this will be sworn to by attestation during the application.
- A minimum of 1 year of verifiable pest management experience as proven by a resume, CV, or attestation of employment from your employer.
- The ability to take and pass an online test of your knowledge of Integrated Pest Management
- Two letters of professional reference. These should be from current or former employers, major clients, professional colleagues, or others who can speak to your professionalism, IPM knowledge, and your ethical standards.
- The application fee, which includes your first year of certification and the online examination, and
- A willingness to adhere to the CIT Code of Ethics.