ACE Professional Award
The purpose of the award is to recognize superior contributions of an ACE in the field of structural pest management. It consists of a free regular registration to NPMA’s PestWorld, and an inscribed plaque. The plaque is presented to the awardee at PestWorld and the awardee is also recognized at the ESA Annual Meeting.
Nominees are required to be current Associate Certified Entomologists and to have been ACE certified for a minimum of three consecutive years from the date of application submission.
Submit a Nominee-
All nomination packages must be submitted electronically to the ACE Professional Award Submission Site according to the following specifications:
- Page Limits - The entire nomination package must not exceed 20 pages total. This includes letters of nomination or recommendation and publication lists.
Letters of nomination and recommendation must be included in the electronic package. Printed letters sent in lieu of electronic versions will not be accepted.
Only the following file formats will be accepted: PDF (Adobe Portable Document Format), RTF (Rich Text Format), TIF graphic files, or JPG graphic files. Files created on either PC or MAC platforms will be accepted. Please make sure scanned images can be clearly read on a computer screen.
Font size for text may not be smaller than 10 point.
- A CV or resume that includes standard background information
- Proof of participation in pest management conferences during the past three years
- A submitted original essay (500 words maximum) on how they have increased professionalism within their organization and community.
- At least one letter of reference from a professional colleague or supervisor*
- Up to two other pages of supporting material
*New This Year - Anonymous support letters are now available. You should ONLY follow the instructions below if you want to submit an anonymous letter. This should only be used if the author of the support letter wants to remain anonymous to the nominator. All other letters of support should be sent to the nominator directly and included in the full nomination packet by uploading documents in this award submission.
- Once the award application has been initiated, contact email@example.com with the Award ID # , Nominee name, and the letter in PDF format.
- Once the letter has been uploaded by the ESA Awards Administrator, the nominator will receive an email notification.
- Please note, ESA is not responsible for individuals that do not contact the awards administration by the deadline date. It is up to the nominator to make sure that the individuals email the letter(s) by the deadline date. If an anonymous letter is not received by the deadline this will impact the score of the nominee.
- Industry Participation(45 points total)
- Active participation in their state trade organization or other recognized entomology/pest control related group (20)
- Offices held in state or regional pest management associations (15)
- Pest Management Meetings attended (10)
- Essay(45 points total)
- Increased professionalism within organization (20)
- Made community a better place (15)
- How has the applicant benefitted from ACE certification (10)
- Mentorship(10 points total)
- Helped to build the next generation of professionals (10)
Nomination packages must be received by ESA headquarters by June 1. This deadline refers to receipt by the awards administrator of a complete package in a readable format. Therefore, early submission is highly recommended. All nomination packets will not be able to be changed after June 1.
Any candidate nominated, but not selected, may be renominated no more than two times within the two-year period after his/her initial submission. Nomination packages will be retained for two years by the awards administrator. Nominators must send a letter of renomination to the awards administrator by the nomination deadline above. Previously submitted documentation will be used for the evaluation process unless the nominator submits new or updated documents. The renomination e-mail must contain this additional documentation. New or updated documents must follow the electronic submission requirements noted above.
For questions about this award, please click here.